Hello readers, Today I will be reviewing Calendula Essential Moisture Serum , the best serum for dry sensitive skin by Face Shop in this post which was recently launched. What are Serums? Serums are lightweight moisturizers that penetrate deeper to provide all nutrients directly to the skin, whereas moisturizers just stay above the skin. That’s why it is very important to use serums on a daily basis before applying moisturizers.
Calendula Essential Moisture Serum was newly launched when I picked it up and have been using it now for over a month to give you a proper review of its effects on the skin.
The Face Shop is a South-Korean brand so they can never go wrong with skin care products and this serum has lived up to that reputation.
What does the product claim ??
Also Read: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Emulsion Review
This product claims to provide a soothing, moisturizing effect and is the best serum for dry sensitive skin types.
Its key features are as mentioned below:
- A mild, soothing serum to attain perfect skin without irritation
- Made with Calendula extracts, chamomile, cornflower, rooibos, lily, sage, borage and, hyaluronic acid the powerful soothing formula for skin.
This serum has multiple benefits
- Provides moisturizing and soothing effect on skin
- It is a reasonably priced serum
- A mild moisturizer which can be used during climate changes
My Take on Calendula Essential Moisture Serum
Also Read: Coco Soul Body Lotion Review
It has a transparent frosted bottle with a pump cap which is very convenient to pour only the desired amount of the product without any wastage. Also, the product remains hygienic because of the pump bottle. The amount of product left in the bottle is clearly visible since it’s a transparent bottle, unlike other serum packaging which is a big plus for me. I really loved the bottle, so when it’s empty still I will be keeping it. The outer packaging comes in the same beige colour to match the bottle with a picture of calendula flower on it signifying the product content. Overall, it looks like an organic product.
It has a very lightweight consistency and a watery texture. Easy to apply on the skin as it gets absorbed very quickly making your skin supple without leaving an oily or greasy residue after the application. This claims to the best serum for dry, sensitive skin type, I fall under dry skin and my sister has combination skin type, still, it worked for both of us. My verdict would be it works well for dry, combination and sensitive skin. For extremely oily skin this will not work and also during Summer’s I won’t recommend this for oily skin type.
It has a lovely floral fragrance of Calendula flower giving it an organic touch. In addition it has a beautiful, refreshing fragrance which will instantly wake you up. People having a sensitive nose will also love this as it is very mild makes you feel fresh and it’s not overpowering at all.
Key ingredients used in this serum are: –
- Calendula extract 10 %: – Known to have beneficial effects on dry, sensitive skin and also treats eczema (it’s a condition that makes the skin red and itchy)
- Soothing Herb Complex: – Six major herb complex to treat irritated, damaged skin and also soothe your skin (Chamomile, Cornflower, Rooibos, Lily, Sage, and Borage)
- Hyaluronic Acid: – It is known to have a moisture locking capability, therefore, skin cells have enough moisture and improves elasticity
Rest of the ingredients are listed in the above packaging.
How do I use it?
I follow the below steps:
- I wash my face with a good Facewash
- Then I apply toner which suites my skin
- Later I apply the serum to my face
- Lastly, end it with a face moisturizer
So basically, I apply serum after applying toner and follow this routine twice, once in the morning and at night. Usually, a pea-sized amount is enough to cover your whole face and neck. It spreads easily as it has watery consistency and gets absorbed quickly into the skin. If used twice daily, it will last you for 2-3 months.
Your skin feels so soft and moisturized after applying it. I have been using it for over a month now and I never faced any breakouts after using it. In fact, it has soothed my skin from rashes which I was facing. My skin has become even-toned after using it regularly. I have dry skin so whenever the weather is cold, dry patches appear on my face especially near the mouth. This serum has also helped to cure these dry patches which I had on my face. Your face remains hydrated for approximately 7 to 8 hours. To summarize, I had satisfactory results using Calendula Essential Moisture serum.
For a 40 ml bottle, it costs up to Rs. 1320 which is on a pricier side, but maximum good serum falls under the same price range and some are even costlier compared to this serum available in the market. Since it is a chemical free product with the use of herbs, I feel it is worth trying.
- Light texture
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Soothing effect on the skin
- Transparent frosted bottle
- Pump cap
- Mild floral fragrance of Calendula
- Moisturizes your skin
- Shelf life up to three years
- Not for extremely oily skin
- Won’t work for oily skin during summers
- Serum is very important to use in your daily routine after applying toner since it gets absorbed deeper into your skin hence providing nourishment directly. Use it daily, twice to see good results.
- If you are looking for a serum which is made from natural ingredients and is free from harmful chemicals then this is the perfect product for you.
- It instantly soothes and moisturizes the skin have mild floral fragrance and improves your skin texture.